Saturday 23 November 2013

DIY wall decor

 Hello my Dear Darlings!

 I went to Springfield in September, i think, where I bought school backpack and I got it in this very pretty bag. It was in my closet for about 2 months & then I finally decided what to do with it. I decided to make a kinda wall decor, something like a picture, idk.
Here is how to make one by your self :))

 Firstly, i took the bag i wanted to put on the wall.

I also took a box (u can take anything like cardboard instead, my lil sister just got new chair so i took the box chair came in). U`ll need 2 pieces that r the same size and they need to be a lil bigger than the bag.

Now, i took scissors and cut out part of the bag i wanted.

This is how it looks when it`s cut.

Now cut the cardboard like this. One have to have a hole in it, it can be in any shape u want. I choose rectangle `cause it`s the easiest to cut hahaha lol

Take glue or tape that is sticky on both sides and glue the cardboard one to another, make sure it fits.

I thought that gold-silver color would look the prettiest. But before I put the sparkles on, i took watercolors and tried to make goldenish shade that i`ll put before sparkles.

To get gold-silver color, i mixed silver & golden sparkles.

Now, I painted the `frame` with watercolor, and when it was dried I sprayed glue and put the sparkles on. At the end i sprayed hair spray all over the frame, cuz it make them not fall off.

When all the glue and the hair spray was dry, i glued part of the bag that i cut. I used tape that is sticky on both sides, it`s much easier that way.

For a little bit of glamor I took a pearly-colored ribbon ant placed it in the inner corner of the frame. I also made a little bow and glued it in the left inner corner of the frame. And now it`s done!


OMG i enjoyed sososo much doing this project! I`m really happy that I finally used that bag.. And it looks soooo cool, u gotta admit it :) Now, go and try to make something like this! Go on :))
Hope u enjoyed this tutorial,
Lena xoxo

2 comments: